Nikon D5100 VS D90- war between quality and style
Nikon D5100 and D90 are both very good cameras for photographers. Both these cameras have similar features like high mega pixel range, high resolution screens, good image qualities, multiple lens, and dynamic ranges and are also equipped with large screens. However, there are a lot of features that differ one from the other.
Both have their own advantages in comparison to the other. Let us compare the two to see which one is better.
Here are some reasons why you should choose Nikon D5100 over D90:
- In comparison to Nikon D90 it produces lower noise at high ISO as it has a slight edge of about 0.3 f-stops.
- It is a better camera for shooting videos at it shoots at very high resolution.
- It can automatically focus shooting videos.
- Having an external microscope, it records audios better.
- The color depth of D5100 is a lot better than that of D90. D5100 can detect 70% more colors than D90.
- Even the image quality of D5100 is 10% better than D90.
- Nikon D5100 has an in-camera HDR (high dynamic range) which combines multiple exposures to enable better capture.
- It also has a better boost ISO, which is almost 2 f-stops better than D90.
- It has 30% higher true resolution which means that it captures more details than D90.
- Out of all Nikon cameras, D5100 has the best light sensitivity which is at least 1 f-stop better than all others.
- Also, Nikon D5100 has a lens of 16.2 megapixels and Nikon D90 has a 12.9 megapixels lens.
- In comparison, D5100 is 20% lighter and 10% smaller which makes it easier for travelers.
Here are some reasons why you should chose Nikon D90 over D5100:
- It has a viewfinder which is 50% larger than that of D5100.
- It has a built-in-focus motor which auto focuses with all auto focus lens.
- It has a pentaprism viewfinder which is typically brighter.
- It also has a live view feature with contrast-detect AF (face detection).
- It is 20% faster than D5100. It takes you 40% less time to boot it on.
- It has a battery life which is 30% longer than that of D5100.
- It has a larger sensor.
- It is more stylish as it is thinner.
- It also is less complicated for users as the buttons are easily accessible.
- In comparison to all other Nikon cameras, D90 is considered to have the best as well as the most reasonable price.
CC By nrkbeta
Given above are the advantages of both the cameras. However, it is difficult to choose the better amongst the two as both have a number of differing features which are exceptionally good. For photographers who are interested in both video shooting as well as photography, Nikon D5100 is a better camera as it has a better sensor. Also, having 4 megapixels more than D90, D5100 is a better camera for wild life photographers. However, for those who are interested in photography only, Nikon D90 is a better camera as its viewfinder is 50% larger. Not only that, it is also reasonable priced and shares a number of common features with Nikon D5100. Being cameras of the same type, it is difficult to choose the best between the two as it depends upon your own requirements. If you require a camera with excellent video shooting quality, Nikon 5100 is definitely the best camera for you. However, for those who want cameras mainly for the purpose of photography Nikon D90 is your pick!